This concert was no joke! It was filled with inspiration and humbling stories. I love LOVE the song on the "Story of my Life" album that is called "Family Tree." That song was, I am sure, written just for me. I knew this before going in there, but it's even more fun hearing it performed live. :)
The concert was a family event for us - we decided to bring the girls along since the artists are all very family friendly. The girls had a great time, despite how tired and worn out they both were. Julia was caught dancing to a few of Matthew's first songs in the setlist. It's something awesome to see my six year old rockin out to music that was made for the Lord
I really feel like Matthew West connects with his fans. He's very gifted, and he knows it - but instead of letting that go to his head or taking for granted his success, he loves on his fans. He's known to "RT" (re-tweet) his fans daily, he's active on facebook and he blogs frequently. What's more, a brief 10 second conversation with him is comfortable and easy... he sat back smiling and with a little giggle he told me, "I just love meeting people!"
Rich, by the way, didn't get to shake the hands of Matthew West, Josh Wilson, or Jonny Diaz because he was loving on our kids while I was stalking the merch table - I waited by the table for autographs so that I could be first in line. This, I think, was a very smart move. Also incredibly dorky, but that's okay. :) :) I have the sweetest husby ever for taking one for the team and letting me sneak out early for this purpose. He's just as big a fan as I am, but I'm the one that walked away with a new t-shirt, an autographed book and a picture with the headliner.
Here's a few pix from the night. The camera isn't the best and we were sitting up in the balcony, but the memories are captured!
| I didn't realize until we got home that Jonny Diaz and Josh Wilson signed on the page that says I love you More. Matthew's signature is on the left - he also wrote my name in the little box, yay! |
My favorite picture, of course, is the one of Mr. Matthew West and myself. I would have liked a picture with Josh Wilson as well, but it was crowded and hot and I was satisfied with having shook his hand. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment